You use a quart sized paint can, put a roll of cheap toilet paper in it (after removing the cardboard), and then pour 16 oz of rubbing alcohol into the can. You hammer on the lid & seal it til you n
eed it. When your power goes out and your house is freezing in the winter, you break these out and voila! You're warm! You just open it and light the toilet paper, and it burns for 8 hours. The lady at our meeting said 4 of them would heat the huge stake center cultural hall for 8 hours! You can put the lid on it & put it out and re-light it later, add more alcohol if it runs out, or put new t.p. in if that gets gunky. It has a white flame, doesn't smoke, doesn't give off fumes when it burns, and is safe to use indoors even without a window cracked. Sounds great, doesn't it?Our ward is going to make them in the next few months and I wondered if any of you are interested in getting some. I don't know the cost for sure yet, but it'll probably be around $2-3 each. Someone has a connection with the owner of a paint store to get the paint cans at cost so we can make them cheaper than it would be to make it on your own.
I think we're going to get 5-10 of them for ourselves. Let me know soon if you're interested and how many you want. I'll let you know the exact cost once I find out.



3 comments:
Sign me up! How about for 5 of them? Thanks for the great tip!
Me too. I want some. Will you let me know the cost. We made them in August but we didn't pay for them. Everyone just made one.
I think I'm changing my mind. I don't think that I need 5 of them. I will decide after you know the cost. Thanks!
Post a Comment